extra injector with piggy back ?

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
turbol200

extra injector with piggy back ?

Post by turbol200 »

has any one used a piggy back ecu with standard starion ecu to run an extra injector ?, iv got my galant im workin on, iv only got standard injection on it atm, havent got the cash for MPI and stand alone ecu lol, any way, iv got a new greddy emanage i was thinkin i could wire it in to run an extra injector or 2 to come in on boost, mabey timing dunno yet ? it should work ok i think, whats your thourghts
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
geezer101

Re: extra injector with piggy back ?

Post by geezer101 »

Go looking for a US site that shows how to piggy back injectors on a Cordia turbo manifold. Will give you some help in the right direction. Can't remember the site name- sorry. :(
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

yer ok sweet as mate ill have a look cheers
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

just curious to know why you chose a piggy back and not just an upgraded ecu ?? and also why do you want to go an extra injector,why not just go bigger ??
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

i know what you are saying mate, im a first year apprentice and get paied bugger all, iv got the piggy back siting in the shed brand new, i got it real cheap from a mate ( its not hot) bigger injectors would work, i was thinking i could add one and have it switched on with boost and tune with the piggy back on lap top to compinsate for extra boost ? im not real sure on it,

would love a full stand alone unit, and multi point injection, or even dohc but for now it wont happen lol,
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

[quote="turbol200"]i know what you are saying mate, im a first year apprentice and get paied bugger all, iv got the piggy back siting in the shed brand new, i got it real cheap from a mate ( its not hot) bigger injectors would work, i was thinking i could add one and have it switched on with boost and tune with the piggy back on lap top to compinsate for extra boost ? im not real sure on it,

i see were your coming from buds but in my opinion running an extra injector and piggy back ecu not to mention the time and effort will most likely be the same if not more expensive than running say bigger injectors?? not to mention a tune...
i know you've got an ecu sitting there but think about maybe selling the ecu and buying the bigger injectors ?? do your homework properly bro before you commit to anything coz it will cost more money in the long run!
good luck with whatever you decide and if you need any help just ask buds.. :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

yer cheers mate il look in to it i think
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door