need help

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
greengalant

need help

Post by greengalant »

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Hey everyone like it says i have just got an an alternator of a mirage by the look of it even though i was told it was off a tr magna it is (80amp) and i want to put it on my gd wagon. Brackets arent the issue i am having its the wiring of the thing.
http://www.nationwideautoparts.com.au/o ... ALTERNATOR that is as far as i can tell the alt i have. I am happy ro re run wires but have no clue what goes where im not runnin an ecu still stock motor. There r 4 wires runnin out of the plug 1 black 1 red (slightly larger then the others) and 2 white. I can hazard a guess that the larger red wire is the reg wire to run to the battery but unsure bout the other wires any help would be awesome. I tried lookin on a magna forum but it seems to be down a fair bit which sux. :banh: :banh: :banh: :banh: so yeah ta in advance
84GKSIG
Admin

Re: need help

Post by 84GKSIG »

hey mate got any pics of the back of this thing showing the wires coming out of the thing?
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

will try but looks like i wasnt a very bright spark with what the galant has for wiring it has the plug with 3 wires it seems on it silly me and i will try and get pics up soon
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

I'll assume CE Mirage?

here is an extract from the CE/CG lancer manual.

Not sure what the ECU Wires are for, will keep looking through it and see what i find.

Can take a picture or two of a couple alternators I have in the shed if you would like to compare?
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

dude ur a legend :D :D :thumpsup: :thumpsup: it looks identical to the plug i have