blat fattey.. starter is the culprit?

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
rob020

blat fattey.. starter is the culprit?

Post by rob020 »

hey guys..

i thought my battery was on the way out because it goes flat overnight... but recently the screws that hold the plastic back piece onto my starter solenoid worked loose and i couldnt start it unless i pushed it up against the solenoid while my mate turned the key.. the battery stayed charged for a week like this..

i removed the two screws out of a dead starter to fix the one on my car and now the battery goes flat overnight again (not DEAD flat, i still get reds on the dashboard) but at least i can start it by myself now.. i just have to disconnect the battery when its not being used

i have come to the conclusion that there is a short somewhere in my starter that is eating current.. anyone else had this problem?

please help asap, someone knicked my jumper cables :(

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
rob020

Re: blat fattey.. starter is the culprit?

Post by rob020 »

im gunna check the battery post on the solenoid for contiuity to the starter housing as soon as i can find my multimeter
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
foxpsi

Re: blat fattey.. starter is the culprit?

Post by foxpsi »

If your battery is going flat then it may have a dead cell or you may have a current draw issuse ,aftermarket alarm could drain it ??
Is it a sealed battery? if not check /top up the fluid levels in the battery. your starter motor wont cause the battery to go flat.
It's four and a half hammers across!!!