where have you put your ECU?

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
Tj.

where have you put your ECU?

Post by Tj. »

So I'm trying to tackle the wiring in my coupe for the 4G63 conversion. As much as I van myself anyway.

For the moment I'm just going to physically bolt in the ECU somewhere in the car and run the engine loom around the bay and shorten/lengthen the connections as needed. I'll think about connecting it all through relays and power later. I might even get a sparky to do that properly yet.
I'm recycling the harness and ECU from the sonata as a way to keep cost down and at present I have the loom stripped and divided up into individual sections ready to be re-layed out.
The cut and shut on the loom is no biggie, fiddly yes but I can do it myselg to save some clams.

Question is, however, where have you guys mounted your ECU's and where in the firewall have you pushed it all through.

I'm sure there's no real right or wrong way, I'm just looking for some inspiration. I want to keep it ad neat and hidden as possible.

Throw some ideas at me guys! :thumpsup:
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
ISKA8

Re: where have you put your ECU?

Post by ISKA8 »

hi there mate,ive got a sigma and have put the ECU behind were the deck sits and all the wiring ive put through were th A/C hoses go too.there is a rubber grommet that surrounds the hoses.all of it sits neatly under the front of the passenger side carpet.
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310