gauges some time work sometimes dont

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
natosig

gauges some time work sometimes dont

Post by natosig »

hey guys i just got my gk sigma its standerd as had for bout 2 weeks wen i first drove it for test drive every thing was sweet now 2 weeks later im noticeing things like the gauges temp and fuel only work some times and other times they work sweet im guesing a loose conection ? in the dash but dont think the dash has been out just curios if this has happend 2 other owners of these cars. on the week end ill have a look in the dash and round the engine every thing in the engine was sweet last weekend im thinking dash been out before maybe speedo wound back and if so how do i tell if it has wil be pised if has been any help would b cool
84 gk sigma
trainzkid88

Re: gauges some time work sometimes dont

Post by trainzkid88 »

yes there is a way of knowing if a spedo has been around the clock or wound back it is visible as where to look i don't know your local vdo instrument service agent should be able to tell you where to look check for breaks in wires with a test light move wires when testing as break my be inside cable not completely broken through also mitsi's are notorious for not liking water and other electrical problems i wash out the engine bay on my car and it refused to start. clean all connections with 1200 wet and dry and contact cleaner or metho also put a little aluminox connector paste on them it seals out moisture and prevents corrosion great for battery terminals any auto electrician should have some
this car is all motor real motors don't need forced induction or nitrous and there's no substitute for cubes.