stock tachometer installation on a GH Sigma

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
jbautist2

stock tachometer installation on a GH Sigma

Post by jbautist2 »

Hello guys,

I have a 1978 GH Sigma (yeah you read it right, '78 GH!), it is a 1600 and I am considering to replace the dead clock in the dashboard with a stock tachometer from a GH Sigma 2000. Would it be a "plug-and-play installation" (since it fits the place of the clock directly) or do I still need to do some modifications in the dash wiring?

-Jonathan Bautista
Manila, Philippines
camB

Re: stock tachometer installation on a GH Sigma

Post by camB »

Hi there. I had the same instruments as you have and I replaced the whole instrument cluster with one that had a factory tacho. I don't know whether you can just change the one gauge. As for extra wiring, it was just one wire to the coil and that was already in the loom waiting to be hooked up.
jbautist2

Re: stock tachometer installation on a GH Sigma

Post by jbautist2 »

camB wrote:Hi there. I had the same instruments as you have and I replaced the whole instrument cluster with one that had a factory tacho. I don't know whether you can just change the one gauge. As for extra wiring, it was just one wire to the coil and that was already in the loom waiting to be hooked up.
Thank you very much! Yes, the gauges can be changed individually - the instrument cluster can be disassembled and opened up - this is what I did in order to clean the gauges and blue plastic lenses of the bulbs; they have become too dim and unreadable at night.

However, I think I will do your suggestion of changing the whole cluster with that from a GH Sigma 2000, as one of the mounting brackets of mine already broke off. Aside from having an in-dash factory tach, I'll also have a speedometer that reads up to 200 km/h! :D

Again, thank you very much!