Tr injected sigma troubles

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
81pw

Tr injected sigma troubles

Post by 81pw »

I've put a tr magna head in to a gh sigma 2.6l everythings bolted wiring loom fitted I've put power to ecu. Still won't start, I've got power at coil and I'm getting power at both sides of the injector connection. Which I thought when u turn to start the car it cuts power to one side but I'm still getting power at both when starting and I'm not getting a spark. I have power going to both starter circuits. went though a tr magna manual and I'm getting power and earth to all the places it said to check. Still stuck can anyone help me? Cheers
Cottees
Admin

Re: Tr injected sigma troubles

Post by Cottees »

I would get the ECU to show any errors. Last time I tried starting mine, I had a bad airflow sensor attached. Swapped it over, and it started.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Was the ECU out of a manual or auto?

The Auto has a "disable" if it doesn't detect the the auto is in neutral or park.

Cheers.
81pw

Post by 81pw »

It's auto I still have the inhibitor switch on wiring loom it's in park position. How can I test to see if it's telling the ecu it's in park?
leoca

Post by leoca »

Has this ECU run a conversion before?... did you do all the wiring yourself.?
Theres a few things that could be wrong...I can help you.

Is the control relay switching when your turn the key?.
Did it have an ETACS attached when you took it out of the donor car?.if so you have to defeat it.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

chuck a noid light in the injector plug and see if the injectors are getting pulsed, also see if the negative side of the coil is switching? Got spark at the plugs?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
81pw

Post by 81pw »

I stripped the computer out of a car myself and wired it myself. In the wiring loom there's are little computer thing looks like a alarm of something do I have disable it. Yes the relay does click. Yea I've got no spark at the plugs. I'll try at the negative of the coil. I put a light on the injectors there's no pulse. There's power at both sides of the injector plug thanks for your help boys cheers
leoca

Post by leoca »

...the car is in getting the safety check at the moment, can't remember right now sorry ...yes its a little black box , do you see it?..its plugged into the loom, next to the ecu and control relay and you overide it by joining 2 wires together that run to it and you must leave it plugged in at the same time....
I was losing ign on start...sounds the same problem?.
Theres a post somewhere where I went over it...
Have you earthed the intake plenum?
81pw

Post by 81pw »

Its a bit wired I'm not getting a injector pulse and spark sounds like an alarm thing,if u could let me no those 2 wires I have to cross be alot of help. Wat do mean by earthing the plenum chamber? I've earthed the wires that are on the wiring loom. Cheers
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

On the Magna TR/TS, there is an earthing wire that goes between the plenum and the fire wall. I havn't got one on mine, but then again, my Sigma isn't running right. I might put in the earthing wire just to be sure.

Also, what state/suburb are you in? If you are still having problems, maybe a member with some free time might be able to take a look.
81pw

Post by 81pw »

Does the dizzy control the injector as well as spark. Cos in the dizzy connection where the wires go it's all rusty maybe the sensor in the dizzy is stuff? I live in Sydney Sutherland shire. Thanks for all your help boys
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I would clean the contacts. The dizzy does the spark timing.It also has a sensor in the dizzy to return the cam angle, and the ECU uses that info for injector timing.
leoca

Post by leoca »

81pw wrote:Its a bit wired I'm not getting a injector pulse and spark sounds like an alarm thing,if u could let me no those 2 wires I have to cross be alot of help. Wat do mean by earthing the plenum chamber? I've earthed the wires that are on the wiring loom. Cheers
have you got the little black box or not mate?.It has "ILA" on a sticker on it, thats the anti- theft system. Car in shop at moment. On the lancer you also had to join a red/black to an IGN wire see my post entitled "prob in Lancer "...may be different for a sigma as it was points set up dizzy.

Theres a earthing point on the intake plenum, can you access a magna in a wrecking yard, you'll see?
81pw

Post by 81pw »

Ive got a small black box but in the manual it says it's a fuel relay. There no other black box. Is it the black box in front of the ac unit when u pull it out of the magna?
leoca

Post by leoca »

sorry can't remember its exact location in a magna.Its about as big as a cigarette packet with "ILA ECU" on it from memory.It doesnt even mention it in the "Fuel and Engine management " section of the Gregorys TR/TS Magna manual which is not very good.It is on page 278.
Hasn't anyone else had this problem?

Also, have you had the ECU checked out as OK?>i had mine done ,it cost me $85!... apparently theres a capacitor that often fails in there.

I have to go over the notes I made but, if its this problem you should be able to hotwire it by connecting an alligator clip lead from the constant 12v + ...to the IGN wire (should be BLK/Wht) because what was happening is I lost the IGN when I turned the key to crank ...you know when you turn the motor(start it)...until I fixed the black box anti theft system...it somehow stopped it.

Theres a few ways of doing this ....I just kept the whole loom, and taped unused plugs under the dashboard , rather than cut wires out that may be important.