repalcement 4 saturn alternator

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
hashim

repalcement 4 saturn alternator

Post by hashim »

is there any newer model engine like the 4g92 or 93 or 4g15 that has bolt in replacement alternator for the 4g32b
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Re: repalcement 4 saturn alternator

Post by oldn64 »

ok best bet is from a magna (for you it might be a 1985 + galant...) looks like this.....

In australia these all ran Bosch units and are swappable into a 4G32. You will need a spacer from a sigmaor scorpian (sapparo for you) to get the bolt to align properly.

This will net you a bigger alternator and a self sencing one. Becareful of the early magnas as these ran a 65-70A unit where as most of them are 85A particularly the EFI models. I can assist and send you one But if you country didnt use these parts replacement stuff later on might be difficult. Can assist with direction for the swap but I would be trying to use a local product that will be supported. If you have scoripans/sigmas (sapparos) then you can use these ones but they will only be 45A. 5-10A higher than what you have now. Swap is realatively easy but you will need soldering iron multimeter and a little patience. you will also need the adjuster and a new slightly bigger fan belt. You need to be careful as this will sit close the to chassis rail.

Good Luck

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
hashim

Post by hashim »

can i use the 4d56 alternator? its a popular mitsu engine over here
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

There are two type that I know of for the 4D56 both have the bolts in alignment (ie top and bottom) whereas the bosch ones here are offset but approx 30 degrees. The dimensions I dont have in front of me, but they are produced with two different pulley arrangements double or single v belt. The two options on the alternator are 90A and 105A so the output is good. They also come with a vacuum pump on the back of them, which you will not need. I dont have access to one so cannot tell you whether the pump is easily removable but I suspect that fitment might be an issue. You dont have alot of space in the engine bay so with a case that doesnot have an offset adjustment web you will be pushing it. That is if your pulleys line up, you might need to get one and have a look. Sorry not too confident on that one.

Dont discount looking at not mitsu's for alternators. Bosch do make the better alternator followed by Mitsu and then DENSO. The denso units are very expensive and fixing them is just painful when they go.

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D