calling all efi astrons, got a question!

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

calling all efi astrons, got a question!

Post by astronturbo77 »

hey guys finally getting my Haltech ecu wired up, but need to know what ignition module people are running to switch their coil. Im using the standard magna distributor with the hall effect sensor. i need a 4 wire ignition module but can;t use the standard carby magna one as its for a inductive pulse distributor. can people please look at their modules, and see how many wires, and if there is a part number? help needed asap, cos the auto elec needs one asap.

cheers!
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
TUFSIG

Re: calling all efi astrons, got a question!

Post by TUFSIG »

dam man i wish i could help but im running a fuel only ecu atm :(
im trying to think of who has haltechs on there

i know brett does aka EVL
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

Billsy

Post by Billsy »

my megasquirt has a built in igniter :)

you should be able to use the std magna igniter if your using the dizzy, its just a 3 wire transistor basically but its designed to run the coil.
Insert witty one liner here -->
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

the carby magna module is what im thinking about using, my auto elec mate reckons i need one thats a four wire. the only thing i see wrong is that the carby magna module is for a pulse generator dizzy, and the efi magna one uses a hall effect sensor?? does it matter?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

not the carby one the EFI one, its a 3 wire igniter.
the 3 wire should work with the haltech as it has nothig to do with the hall effect input or whatever, however the haltech reads the hall effect and outputs either a positive or negative switching to the igniter. if you cant select a positive or negative switching on the haltech thats where the 4 wire igniter will come in as it can be wired either way if its the wrong way around or you could use 2 igniters and wire one to reverse the polarity to the other, but thats ghetto.
Insert witty one liner here -->
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

The difference between hall effect and inductive type is the trigger happens on a hi lo switch or a lo hi switch. From memory Haltech have the ability to select which switching method (and thus which dizzy style you have) to enable it to work. have a read of the manual that came with the haltech and you might find how to do it thus not require to even thing about it... :thumpsup:

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D