delayed indicators

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
duanepurcell1

delayed indicators

Post by duanepurcell1 »

hey guys
i have two sigmas one is an 83 gj the other is an 84 gk i have the same problem with both of them when i flick my indicators on i hear the flicker box make a noise than the indicators start to work does any one have any ideads on how to fix this problem and can help me out or give me some tips its not the ticker box as i have changed it in both cars any info would be great thanks. :thumpsup:
rob020

Re: delayed indicators

Post by rob020 »

i was gunna say change the flasher, as thats what made mine do the same thing.... is it getting full 12v??
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

replace the flasher unit with an electronic one

That is all :)
Insert witty one liner here -->
A112H

Post by A112H »

If there was one thing I would say all Sigmas had that would be it. I have owned a few over the years as have family and friends and nearly all of them had really slow blinking indicators.
The law says them must flash at 90 per minute +/- 25
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

yeah sounds like you are getting a low voltage to them try an electronic 1 :thumpsup:
rob020

Post by rob020 »

mine blinked fine, but there was a short delay before they came on... i did replace the aluminium one with a clear plastic bosch one...

do your hazards do the same thing?? if they do, its the wiring not the canister... if they dont, swap the hazard flasher with the normal flasher and if you crash, just remember to put your hazard lights on a few seconds early... untill you have time to run down to supercheap/the wreckers to get a working one...
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
duanepurcell1

Post by duanepurcell1 »

how do you tell the difference between normal and electronic one and no the hazars work fine
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Galant_GT0 wrote:I read this 15 secs ago and there were 8 posts?????? Are the mods getting grab happy?
This has been posted in 2 different sections..

BTW: Check the bulbs haven't corroded in the sockets. This increases the resistance and would cause the mechanical blinker relay to take longer to function.

Cheers.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

topic fixed
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

lol that i the best sound in the world..ive had afew sigs and they all did that..bloody cool i rekon
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
A112H

Post by A112H »

I am a spazz :hit:
Last edited by A112H on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

mate, there were 2 topics on the subject, i "merged" them and deleted the replys that were double or were things like 'wtf i swear there were like 8 posts on this last time i checked'

i did not delete any info, its called housekeeping
A112H

Post by A112H »

Andrew, no offence but .................................................................... ah okay.
How are the tail lights looking?????
rob020

Post by rob020 »

im not really sure, to tell you the truth, i didnt even know there were different types.. if the hazards work fine... swap the hazard canister for the regular canister and let me no what happens??

on my lancer, the canisters look like this: Image (they can be square though, like a normal automotive relay)... find the two under your dashboard, usually above the fuse box, and swap them over (if you cant find them, a workshop manual will help... if you cant find one... almost every public library has a sigma workshop manual.. and photocopiers too)... one is for your hazards, one is for your normal indicators... like a failsafe for in an accident.... you know your hazard canister is good if the hazards work fine, so use this known good unit in the other socket, and youll know if its the flasher or the wiring...

cheers,
rob...