Wiring help for 84 sigma

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
pimpinsigma

Wiring help for 84 sigma

Post by pimpinsigma »

Hey guys,
Im trying to wire up a headunit in my sigma, but i cant work out which wires go where, I have a yellow constant on wire, a red wire that is for accessories on, and a black ground wire, can someone advise me on which wires i should need hooked up, and where?
C_Fernance

Re: Wiring help for 84 sigma

Post by C_Fernance »

For the constant power run a wire I usually run a wire direct from the battery. Make sure to put a fuse as close to the battery as possible.

For the accessories on you should have a wire under the dash for the original stereo that you can connect to. Otherwise you could splice into the cigarette lighter wiring, etc.

The ground wire simply connects up to some bare metal under the dash.

Grey wires go Front Right speaker. Polarity isn't important, but keep them all the same so the speakers are all in phase.

White wires to Front Left

Purple wires to Rear Right

Green wires to Rear Left

Blue wire to remote turn on (turn on amps, etc.)

Any left over wires are probably for power antennas, illumination, etc. The manual for the stereo should explain them but it should still work without them connected.

If you have problems send me a PM. I live near Doyalson so I can probably give you a hand connecting it up if need be.
MitsiMitch

Re: Wiring help for 84 sigma

Post by MitsiMitch »

I cant find any diagram for the wiring of this. As much as I want to help but i cant find any. Well, for the instructions mentioned above just imagine how he do it for this car part and accessories.