wiring up twin headlights on a single headlight GC

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
shuggy

wiring up twin headlights on a single headlight GC

Post by shuggy »

is there provision to wire up twins when i currently have singles?
or do i have to get an electrician to do so?
75wagon
Admin

Re: wiring up twin headlights on a single headlight GC

Post by 75wagon »

I've never done it myself, but read the wiring diagram.
All you have to do is rewire the high beam to the extra pair of headlights, and rewire the parkers to the lights in the coupe bar.
The outers are lowbeam.
The inners are high beam.
You'll need the front bar off the coupe, as now the parking lights are there, instead of behind the headlights.

Use a test light to sort out which wire is which and put them where they need to go, you may need to extend some of them, but other than that it's simple.

Is this any help?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

yeh thanks mate, what if i keep my singles with the park light in them and then add the other two, so i can keep my park lights, coz im not a fan of the coupe bar
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

You can't fit the larger and smaller lights together. What grill would you use?
You're going to have to go the whole lot or nothing I'm afraid...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

oh so the ones i have now are bigger than the ones in the double setup? didnt know that. i dont like coupe bars so i might find some cool little lights to stick on the stone guard where those 2 bolts are, if you know the ones i mean? they look as though a light was meant to go there.
il have a look at wiring tomoro, but still need to get one tag plastic welded, you no wat this costs?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Do you have a 40 watt electric soldering iron? If not buy one, I think they are about $40.
I did a fibreglass and plastics course a few years back. Grills, dashboards, consoles, and taillight surrounds are all made from plastics that are suitable to weld, and a soldering iron is all you will need. Just work the 2 pieces together with the heat. It will probably need reinforcing to make it stronger, if you've got another grill lying around (that's broken), use some of that as filler. then just file/ sand it smooth and you're right to paint it.

So in answer to your question, about $40.

Dave...
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

some of the overseas model did have lights in the stone guard where the two bolt are. in my coupe ive got the smaller headlights but with the clips on the back so that you can use normal H4 globes like the ones on newer cars and they also have a provision for the park lights to go in, obviously these are aftermarket headlights, not sure where you get them from cos it came in my parts car but i recon auto pro or any car parts place will sell them, hope this helps :)
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

75wagon wrote:The outers are lowbeam.
The inners are high beam.
Arnt the outers a combination?

Just curious shuggy?? but why?
& how are you planing to mount the new lights?
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

81GL wrote:Arnt the outers a combination?
Are they on yours? To my knowledge, and even my GE Sigma, the outers are low beam only.
81GL wrote:Just curious shuggy?? but why?
Good question? He would need to remove the headlight mounting brackets that are welded to the radiator support panel and weld the ones on for the twin set up.

Dave..
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

75wagon wrote:
81GL wrote:Just curious shuggy?? but why?
Good question? He would need to remove the headlight mounting brackets that are welded to the radiator support panel and weld the ones on for the twin set up.

Dave..
yep :)
for fun haha

i thought about that bracket last night n realised, also tried fitting centre console but that didnt fit either coz fan box is in the way.
gonna fit this radiator then the wheels n new badges n yea if i get around to it then awesome, if i get a new coupe by then even better.

i might just detail all the parts i have over time so that wen i get my next coupe i can just swap it over all detailed ready to go ;)

still have things like the dash n crash pad i have to swap over
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

75wagon wrote:
81GL wrote:Arnt the outers a combination?
Are they on yours? To my knowledge, and even my GE Sigma, the outers are low beam only.
? I don't know, thats why i asked :lol: :lol:

Pretty sure i recall seeing three terminals on the back of the light though. :think:
...'spose i can go have a looksy
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I've seen Datsun 1600's (510's) with both lights hooked up as low and high beam, but they didn't come that way standard.

I had aircraft landing lights for high beam in my GE Sigma (150W), when they were on you didn't miss a thing...

Dave...
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

the outer's should be combination hi/lo's with the inners just on when the hi's are switched on. This has been the same on my GB, GD and GH. Havn't owned a GE but im pretty sure it would be the same, don't see why they would change it. All i can say is check the plug and globe, might be faulty or something.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

GB_BB4C wrote:the outer's should be combination hi/lo's with the inners just on when the hi's are switched on. This has been the same on my GB, GD and GH.
Really?
I must be wrong. I was sure that the outers were lows only. Oh well you can't be right all the time...
I'm going to have to check now, I'll look at the wiring diagrams for the GB and GD, I've got both of those.
I don't mind being wrong, I have just thought that that's the way they were... :think:

Dave...