Going efi, what sensors do i need ?

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Going efi, what sensors do i need ?

Post by astronturbo77 »

Hey im going efi on my astron and using a xf throttle body. As far as i know i need a tps sensor(on tb), Idle will be controlled by the manual setting also on the tb, a MAP sensor(which i think will come as part of the aftermarket ecu), coolant temp sensor, oxysensor, cam angle sensor from magna dizzy,air temp sensor, and what else do i need for it to run?

Im a bit concerned about cold start ups because the magna has a idle speed motor, etc to bring up the ide when its cold, how will i get it to do this with a xf throttle body?

Any ideas???? :D
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
panda

Re: Going efi, what sensors do i need ?

Post by panda »

Yep, thats the full shopping list of sensors needed for an aftermarket ECU.
Cold start set ups are always a problem without an idle speed motor. I still haven't got mine right after 2 years, buts its close.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

but how will it idle up on cold starts without a steper motor of whatever?
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
panda

Post by panda »

I don't have a stepper motor & the cold starts are a pain. You have to crank it for up to 10 seconds & wait for it to fire. If you use any throttle at all, it won't start. Once it fires, it will idle OK.
In my Haltech settings, you can add a cold water/cold air correction factor to the injector timing, which richens the mixture until the temperatures rise. It also inhibits any timing advance.
When I get time, I will try & fiddle with some more settings to see if that improves things. The problem is, once it starts, its all OK, then you have to wait till next day when its cold again to try another setting, hence the reason why I haven't tried to improve the cold start. :( :(

Final note : could low fuel pressure cause my problem ?
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]