MSD boost retard, now where to put it

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
Sigmaproject

MSD boost retard, now where to put it

Post by Sigmaproject »

In the time honoured tradition of buy now, try later, I have got myself an MSD ignition gizmo. Trouble is the gizmo is too big to mount in the limited space I have under the bonnet. I am thinking maybe I will mount it in the parcel tray under the glovebox.
Best thing about this unit (for carby turbo guys) is that the boost retard is adjustable from the cabin. So if you are tuned for 98, and see some regular going real cheap, you can wind in more retard from the drivers seat. Now if I relocated my adjustable turbo boost valve to the cabin, I would never have to lift the bonnet again.

Torana68

Re: MSD boost retard, now where to put it

Post by Torana68 »

msd usually say "away from engine heat" so I take that be be well away from the exhaust side and inside is better...... BUT out of the sight of bogans or youll loose it pretty quick.....
Roger
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Hopefully they will steal the GPS and not see the MSD :D
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

where abouts did you find this?? and how does it exactly work??

Paddles
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-5 ... t=MSD-5462

I havent got the thing working as yet :roll: They have a forum to get info from techs from MSD to work you through installation problems. Thats where I am at, at the moment.

I will keep you posted. ;)