Fuel Gauge problamo

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
Undies91

Fuel Gauge problamo

Post by Undies91 »

Hey guys jw if anyone can help me

my fuel gauge is not working apparently the guy i got my car from changed the dash, float in the tank and rewired the whole thing ( he is a mekatronic engineer so i think he knew what he was doing :shock: )

the wierd thing is that my fuel light still works so when she comes on go get juice.

it would be nice if somehow it started working coz its drivin me up the shitter.

Please help

Cheers Undies91
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
oh and fuel injected turbo
Cottees
Admin

Re: Fuel Gauge problamo

Post by Cottees »

I would get a GN service and repair manual and use that to check you have the right fuel sender unit, wiring, cluster, etc. In my first Sigma, a GJ, the fuel gauge would work when I first filled up, but would quickly go down, and stay down. it ended up being a faulty sender unit. The low fuel warning light didn't come up though. I don't even remember if the GJ had one or not. The Service and Repair manuals are a really good source of information about stock Sigma stuff.
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

alright thanks for that ill look around for one it will be like my bible :lol:
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

There is several on eBay at the moment.There is a Gregory's and a Mitsubishi one. They are both good, but I think the Mitsubishi one has more in depth info. For my current Sigma, I have a Gregory's GK/GN as well as one for Magna TR/TS. I got the Magna one for the EFI stuff. I also have one for my Commodore VN, and still have one for a Sigma GH/GN and Ford Cortina MKI/II from previous cars. I also have a scanned copy of the Mitsubishi GN manual.

Here are some links:
Mitsubishi Manual on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mitsubishi-Sigma ... |294%3A200

Scanned copy of the above manual :
http://a2.danslionsden.com/index.php?action=downloads

There was a Gregory's GN/GK manual on ebay, but it must have ended. The scanned copy is a cheap alternative, but it is good to have a hard copy to take out to the car with you.
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

ah ok im not much of an online buyer

so wat stores should have them i went to repco, super cheap and autopro and they didn't have anything

i suppose ill see if they can order me one in next time i am in there
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

The Commodore VN one I bought from Sprint Auto when I bought the gasket kit when I first got the car and had to pull the heads off to change the gaskets. The Sigma GH/GJ, GK/GN, Magna TR/TS and Cortina MKI/MKII manuals I got off ebay. Technically the GH/GJ manual I got off someone that sold manuals on ebay, and they gave me the GH/GJ manual for fixing their computer.
Undies91

Post by Undies91 »

getting an original book from mitsubishi pretty much brand new and about an inch thick!

went into repco (Gawler) and asked the guy if they could order one in and he turned around and told me he was gettin rid of his so bargain $70 no oily finger prints or nuffin pickin it up soon!!!!!

Thanks for all your help

cheers undies91
Own A GN Sigma
rebuild on the way!!!