Sound System and Power Qs

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
lpgalant

Re: Sound System and Power Qs

Post by lpgalant »

ill show u friday night
69 vf valiant coupe 225 efi turbo
74 gc galant 2.6 stroker 3.0
lpg c10 9 inch gt 4088 roller
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

hey man best way is get a capacitor in line with your sub so it draws from that when the bass is big and the car charges it when its on norm. Make sure u get a good one with a acc lead coz some are connected to the batt all the time which means if u leave your car for a few days you wil hav a flat battery. Learnt this the hard way in my xc.
But my 55 amp alt runs my 600wat amp to my 6x9's and then a 250 to my 12inch, and my lights fade when the bass is heavy but just need a capacitor to help the sub with those loud beats, also can damage the sub if not hav enough in the alt.
tubby

Post by tubby »

my scorp came with a 50a alternator when I chucked in the 720 watt four channel amp and upgraded to a 70a magna one the alternator light still got angry, once I fitted the 85a magna one with a new regulator it was all good.
buying the magna alternator from u-pull it was thirty bucks plus fifty for the new regulator eighty bucks is pretty cheap for a bigger better like new alternator.
tubz
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan