scorpian / automatic neutral safety wiring?

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
Scratchbuilt

scorpian / automatic neutral safety wiring?

Post by Scratchbuilt »

just wondering which steering column wires do I need to locate for wireing up a neutral safety switch in a challenger/scorpion. Having used a scorpion as a donar for kats dodge. Normally I'd source the coil wireing (black with white stripe) from the ignition. Is this the easiest way to source it. Or did Mitsubishi install alternate loom ends as extra's.
geezer101

Re: scorpian / automatic neutral safety wiring?

Post by geezer101 »

There should be a plug that was located in the centre console for the auto shifter. I have a feeling they used the same wiring loom for auto's and manual transmission fitted vehicles. Anyone confirm that? 8-)
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I know with a galant there's an inhibitor switch in the console, on the end of the plug for it there 4 wires. (2x B/Y (black with yellow tracer), and a BL/w (blue with white).

Join the B/y wire together (if you put a switch in between those 2 wires, you then have a kill switch)..

Then with the last 2 wires. They go to the reverse switch on the gearbox :)

If this is what you needed? Awesome :) if not... Disregard all of the above :P

Good luck,
Mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
Scratchbuilt

Post by Scratchbuilt »

Yeah i saw that plug when i fitted the loom in, cool great thanks fella's . This is exactly what i needed.

I also f@cked up by mentioning the coil wire for my safety switch , it was bugging me all day until it dawned on me that I've allways used the starter solenoid wire for the park and neutral safety switch.