Astron EFI conversion

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
A112H

Astron EFI conversion

Post by A112H »

Okay, so I am 99% through the EFI conversion to the Astron in my Galant and it won't start.

So I have spark and fuel pressure but no fire, nothing at all. It is like cranking with the dizzy unplugged.
So my guess is the injectors aren't kicking in.
I did have TR/S (blue) injectors fitted as they flow a bit better, I swapped them back to TN/P (yellow) injectors and nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?
To have it so close is doing my head in :@
lance

Re: Astron EFI conversion

Post by lance »

Maybe the immobilizer circuit that is in the loom or a shit relay. Id say you would have that covered but just trying to help.
Maybe just walk away have a brake .
Last edited by lance on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Immobiliser circuit???

It is a TN/P loom and ecu, would it have had an immobiliser circuit?

Oh and one more question;
Should the fuel pumps kick in when the ignition is on or only when cranking and started?

At the moment they are kicking in when I crank it and run for like 5 seconds after I release the key. Now, the engine isn't starting as mentioned above, I assume they would keep running if it did start?
A112H

Post by A112H »

TP ecu I think, lol
I bought it as "coming off of a running car" so I assume it is a good ecu. Haven't tried a different one.
There are a couple of efi TN/Ps at UPI so might give that a go.
lance

Post by lance »

Sorry didn't know it was a TN TP . Just checked to see if the Elite may have had an Immobilizer , but no it doesn't
As far as the fuel bump .. With all my cars the fuel pump starts to work when the ignition is on .
Like you say regardless the way you got it you should get some sort of kick
A112H

Post by A112H »

So after spending a fair chunk of last night effin' about with the efi, after wiring in a new dizzy plug and buying another dizzy it was decided we had a break in the look between the ecu and injector power.
Hot wire 12v to the injectors and away she goes.
So looks like I will be making up a new injector loom and it should all be a go-go.
lance

Post by lance »

A happy ending