Ignition Switch for a 1972 GA

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
Adrian

Ignition Switch for a 1972 GA

Post by Adrian »

Hello there i am a first time user here and in need of some help. I live in South Australia in the northern suburbs about 25 K's from Adelaide. I own a 1972 GA Galant that was unfortunately broken into the other day and the ignition switch has been broken. The would be thieves got past the old door lock but thaks toa very modern club type lock on the steering wheel - and the fact that they broke the ignotion switch - the car couldn't be started or driven away.
My question (s) to you all is: Does anyone have a recommendatiion for a parts dealer they trust??? I also would like to buy a much more modern ignition switch that would fit if possible making it just that bit harder to steal. Needless to say I will be fitting some kind of immobiliser to the car now. Also a door lock. The old door lock was so worn I guess they probably got in using almost any key.
Thanks for any help you might be able to give - Adrian :think:
75glnt

Re: Ignition Switch for a 1972 GA

Post by 75glnt »

Hey Adrian, welcome to the site :)

Sorry to hear they broke in, but glad to hear nothing was stolen :)

I'm sure this thread will be of some help..
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... ems#p82983

Happy reading and I hope you find what you're after :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hi Adrian and welcome to the site mate. Got any more info or pics of your GA? Always great to hear they are still out there.
You best bet for parts is U Pull It. I am pretty sure all the ignition barrels are the same for all early Galants and Lancers. I may have a spare one in the shed, give me till Saturday to find it and it is all yours if I do. I think I also have a door lock laying about.
Will let you know.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi to both of you and thanks for the info. I would be interested in the barrel and lock if they are available thanks. This using buses and walking sux. My BMW Airhead is in pieces too as I'm in the process of rebuilding it. Bad timing for sure - Adrian ......
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi again - I'm at loss as to HOW to remove the steering lock barrel from my GA galant. can anyone help me with this please. My workshop manual is of no use and I haven't been able to find anything on the forum or online. I have piks to put up to help me with guidance but I cant find how to post them here so help with that would be appreciated too. Adrian .....................