Wiper Switch repair

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
ctrl4ltdel

Wiper Switch repair

Post by ctrl4ltdel »

Repairing a loose wiper switch

1. Hold the knob (spray a WD40 on gap between the cone with muliple groove and that knob has the word LOW High with a vice grip, but be careful not too tight, just enough to hold it,
then the end that has multiple grooves, use a box wrench of 17mm, then carefully turn it counter clockwise

then Remove the c clip

then you have this:

be very very careful to remove the c clip, there is a very small ball bearing in the hole of the c clip
try to replace the spring. the tricky part is returning the c clip with the ball bearing and the new/stronger spring. what i did is i used a small magnet to hold the bearing in the c clip hole and quickly alighning it to the spring and push the clip and it will be secured. and just put the whole thing together
geezer101

Re: Wiper Switch repair

Post by geezer101 »

Welcome to the site ctrl4ltdel. This is a nice little tech tip. Most of us wouldn't be game enough to attempt the disassembly of a wiper control switch - we'd try to either replace the entire thing or live with it. 8-)
ctrl4ltdel

Re: Wiper Switch repair

Post by ctrl4ltdel »

Well, I have no choice actually, Because this spares here in the Philippines is very rare. I have been looking for a replacement believe it or not for 7 years, i have 2 and this one that is shown is actually the High wiper would turn on, so what i did is, i took apart the old one that is not working and thats how i came to found out how to take it apart properly.