Need a schematic diagram??

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
75glnt

Need a schematic diagram??

Post by 75glnt »

Hey guys!

I need a schematic diagram (I think that's it?) for the ecu in a 1989 hg gsr galant.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
Tj.

Re: Need a schematic diagram??

Post by Tj. »

At the risk of sounding rude, good luck with that. I had to work it out myself by back tracking the wiring loom and referencing other diagrams. It was a PITA.
When I get home this arvo I'll dig around through some boxes of stuff from when I moved house and see if I can find my notes. Keep in mind though my gear all came out of a Hyundai Sonata so there might be some differences but I doubt it.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Found one.. Just after I posted this.. But I'm not sure if its 100% correct? It's going on about 120 odd pins? But it's for 89-95 mitsubishi galant. Mines a gsr, so will there be any difference? It's also multi point injection.
N/A ALL THE WAY
A112H

Post by A112H »

PM me you email addy and I will flick you a schematic that might be of use

Don't think this will be big enough and not readable??

Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Crap! I only just now realised I dropped the ball with this one.

Not to worry, I found my old notes and I've taken some quick photos of them for you. I might have digital copies somewhere but these were (believe it or not) easier to find.

Its important to note that I used Hyundai Sonata parts for everything. Also, I created this pin-out by spreading the loom out on a table, setting up a multi meter and continuity testing each and every pin on all three plugs to see where they went. It was the slow way to do it, but it was the only way I could make sure I had it correct. I found a few other pin-out diagrams but they were all slightly different.

These diagrams only list what each pin coming out of the ECU connects to. That's all. I found any other info contained in other wiring diagrams to be a little superfluous as you have to chop, change and modify most of it to make it work in another car, add to this the fact you'll be stripping out things like A/C and cruise control as well and you're better off starting with this and making your own.

Before you rely on these diagrams check them against your own loom. I believe you used a GSR galant as your donor? It may be different, but probably only slightly. First check the colours of the wires, if they match follow a few of them to see if they end up where the diagrams say.

Hope this all helps.

Also: These notes were attached to a printed copy of a 4G63 engine manual that I found invaluable while building the motor. Not only for rebuilding it but understanding how it worked and what I needed to do to adapt it. I can't for the life of me remember where I found it online but I should still have a digital copy of it should you need it.
If you have any questions at all about making these things work, shoot me a PM. I'm happy to help.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Cheers tj! Saved the pics and I shall take a peek :D

And I'm sure there will be a time or two your brains will be picked :P first time engine converter here :)
N/A ALL THE WAY