flexdrive Instruments P/N 28459

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
SigmaGH1981PWS

flexdrive Instruments P/N 28459

Post by SigmaGH1981PWS »

Hi all just after some help and info I took out my Sigma Gh 1981 speedo panel cluster because I had some dead bulbs for the speedo part all other lights were working so long story short replaced the bulbs and still no go then I got a bit of flickering from other lights I noticed on the backing there are some damaged parts not broken but split still connected when I hold them the flicker stops and all works except the light behind the speedo bit I assume I might have a dead spot now question dose anyone here know of someone who might be able to repair flexdrive Instruments Panel in the northern nsw Brisbane area or even better long shot where I might be able to get a new one or at least one that will work with all that I have in my speedo cluster

Thanks Dan
geezer101

Re: flexdrive Instruments P/N 28459

Post by geezer101 »

Have you pulled the instrument panel apart? The plastic film circuit board - how is the loom plugged into it (with a pin socket on the back of it)? I had a couple of issues with faulty instrument clusters in my Astra (these have plastic film circuit boards in them too) and was able to get the last one operational after resoldering the pins back onto the socket. It had all kinds of intermittent glitches - fuel gauge, warning lights, half the back lights didn't work, temp gauge didn't work... sorted it out. One other thing (wait for it!) punctuation. I get headaches from reading your posts dude, a full stop or a comma now and then won't kill ya. :lol: