Ok, Ive hit a brick wall, Please all read and try to help!.

This section is for talk about anything to do with electrics, audio, lighting, etc.
mstrrab1992

Ok, Ive hit a brick wall, Please all read and try to help!.

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Ok, ive searched on the forum for ages...ive spoken to some EFI shops around where I live (I don't think they know what theyre talking about, they want me to spend $200 to plug my ecu in just to check whats wrong with it), ive checked as much as I can..but I hope someone here can try to put something together, this is what I have so far..

Car idles at 1600 on startup, idles down to 1000-1200.
WITH the Throttle position sensor (tps) CONNECTED, at about 1500 rpm, it starts breaking down, or breaking up? RPM goes from 1500-1300 constantly, when I floor the accelartor, it revs up fine.

Tried 3 TPS'S, It got an auto ecu in it, but its a manual sigma, I tried another auto ecu and another manual ecu didn't fix it

Without the TPS the car runs and revs up fine. im at a stand still have no idea what to do or try, please help :(
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
mstrrab1992

Re: Ok, Ive hit a brick wall, Please all read and try to hel

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Have you checked the error codes from the ECU? My GN is wired up like a Manual Magna, but both Auto and Manual ECUs run on it fine. I would make sure the TPS is calibrated as in the Service and Repair manual for the TR/TS. Then check the error codes. If still no fix, then pull out and pull apart the loom and either look for issues, or replace.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

This may sound stupid cottees, but how do I check the codes? I haven't got a service manual or workshop manual, been trying to get one for a wiring diagram but cant find one.
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I would recommend getting a Magna TR/TS Service and Repair Manual off eBay or your local car parts place. It is invaluable to have. Even though most of the manual isn't relevant to your car, the info that is, is very helpful. That is why my GN has a GK/GN and TR/TS manuals with it. To check codes, you attach a LED (not a 12v globe) between pin 1 of the diagnostic connector, and ground. Since you probably don't have the diagnostic connector anymore, it is a yellow wire coming from the ECU. The codes are series of flashes, a number of long pulses, then a number of short pulses. Like at the moment, my GN is throwing the errors 13 and 31, which is Knock Sensor Circuit and Air Temp Sensor. So the first one is 1 long pulse, and then 3 short pulses.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

so its probably normal ur ecu is throwin those codes because u probably don't have them? haha
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Mine is throwing the knock sensor error cause mine doesn't have it plugged in, but the air temp sensor I have to suss out.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Hmmm.. I will have to wait to get a LED tester, I finally found a workshop manual for the TR/TS, thank god, but yeah, I have no clue why its running like it is, it WAS working http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 032#p45032 , that's an old members car, that efi is now on my car, I didn't do the conversion tho, so Im thinking someones forked up somewhere... or somehow, its pissing me off, because it idles fine at 850-900 rpm with the TPS plugged in, but its not running with the TPS connected abghiagioasrhg -pulls out hair-
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Ok.. I'm getting 3 codes, knock sensor tps and another.. its 4 long beeps 2 short.. I had a look on the chart and the injector fault is 4 long 1 short.... So if someone knows what 4.long 2 short is, of that means injector 2? Or w.e... But when I turn my car off and back on its like it automatically resets the ecu? I have to start the car for 5 mins then check the codes again? Or maybe its something else cuz I drove it 2 hours ago ignition on then the ccodes were there but I started it turned it off and back on and the codes were gone ? But yea help plox
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Anyone got anything for me
turbol200

Post by turbol200 »

one of my mates just got a efi magna for all the gear for his pajero, and it was playing up a bit, wouldnt run right, just backfired all the time, had spark and fuel, turned out to be real bad wires to the dizzy, all green and turned to shit, he choped the shit out soldered in some new ones and is now fine, i dont know if ur problem is somthing like that, might be worth looking at tho
spoto a 57 chev

...a 57 2 door