Respraying a Sigma

This section is for talk about anything to do with body repair and presentation.
pistorf

Re: Respraying a Sigma

Post by pistorf »

My Dear Friend,I can assure you that I am no stranger to a die grinder,a sander or even a body file.I did my apprenticeship on Ferarris,Porsches,Lambos,Rollers etc. The next 10 years of my working life was as a Painter for one of Australias leading Vintage and Classic restoration companies. I then spent 15 years working in a panel shop where I was the painter that had the "hard "jobs allocated to me.ie. restorations,show cars,performance cars and the odd race and rally car thrown in for good measure
Attention to detail is a second nature to me.
Concourse vehicles ,if you take the definition seriously,are as close to origional condition,butwhen you go to an event,such as the Pebble Beach Concourse,the judges spend more time looking at the attention to detail and the quality of finish than the do worrying about origionality. This is a concourse that I have had a car win.
I too had an award winning paintjob in the early '90s that went on winning top custom paint for years. This was a $3000 bare metal,no bog,in and out job .
As for your engine bay,How can someone put a price,let alone any sort of timeframe on a job unseen. Everything out and all degreased,no repairs,maybe half a day
amgis_obrut

Re: Respraying a Sigma

Post by amgis_obrut »

As for your engine bay,How can someone put a price,let alone any sort of timeframe on a job unseen. Everything out and all degreased,no repairs,maybe half a day
theres pics of it in this thread (i didnt bother buffing it, its an engine bay for a drag car) was back to bare some holes welded and a little filling around where the steering box is, fire wall recess is painted straight over finished tin painted in Protech acrylic

it took me about a week and cost about $850 for paint + disposables (trade prices on most things)

Also I dont want to argue over silly shit, I have no doubt that you know your stuff and you do well in the scene your in
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust