I wanna pro spray booth too

This section is for talk about anything to do with body repair and presentation.
bruggz351

I wanna pro spray booth too

Post by bruggz351 »

G'day peoples.
Where do you guys procure that large plastic sheeting ewes are using in ya shed to make those pro looking spray booths??? :lol:

I have a 3 bay shed and a few years ago I sprayed me pootrol with enamel in there and everything got measles. :@

Now it looks as though I may have some spray painting to do again and noticed in some of the pics on here people have plastic hanging around the job. I like this idea. :thumpsup:

cheers

edit:
like this....

'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
A112H

Re: I wanna pro spray booth too

Post by A112H »

I got mine from the paint shop I got the paint from (All Paints) each sheet is 2.6x3.5m and they were $2.50 each
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

Bunnings or supercheap. Or just a normal paints store few bucks sometimes called drop sheets.. my partner uses wet down (on the outside) tarps for spraying outside :)

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

Thank you gentlemen . Much appreciated.. :thumpsup:
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Don't use plastic to line your make shift spray booth or to mask up your car. The over spray won't stick to it and will become airborn, risking fallout on your paint. Buy a heap of bedsheets from salvo's or somewhere similar, hang them up and dampen them (dampen the floor too). Mask your car with newspaper or buy a big roll of plain paper. The damp sheets will help control airborn dust and spray and the paper will retain any paint overspray on it.
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

I knew there was some sort of reason partner wet the floor and the outside of the tarps. He has used sheets but sticks to our tarpy type thing lol. Great technical terms I have.. good thing I only do the books ;)

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
SIR

Post by SIR »

Another thing that I have found good is to clean the area out park the car in the area prepsol the car using the blower and let it sit overnight. In the morning wet the floor down the quickly re prepsol it without the blower then tack rag it before painting.
I always used to make the mistake of painting just after cleaning the area out but there is always to much dust in the air that settles onto the car, leaving it to sit overnight let's the dust settle.
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

bruggz351 wrote:Thank you gentlemen . Much appreciated.. :thumpsup:

My apologies 72GalantGirl, Rather chauvinistic... (A) :thumpsup:

Good advice from all... thank you very much. Putting off the paint for the moment as it cost a bit more than anticipated to rego the dunnydore... :@

Meh,

cheers