GH Turbo Pinstripe

This section is for talk about anything to do with body repair and presentation.
rob020

GH Turbo Pinstripe

Post by rob020 »

hey guys..

just after some info on the GH turbo's red pinstripe... does anyone know what width it is? i can find red pinstripe
tape in 1/16'.. also does it sit on the swage line or above it or below it? some cars seem to have a bit of a gap
between the black and the pinstripe where you can see red/blue/silver but others dont... which way is correct?

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
A112H

Re: GH Turbo Pinstripe

Post by A112H »

I have had a good search through web photos and pics on the site and I reckon it goes.

Body colour
Red
Black
Body colour
Then lower black out

I made one :P

rob020

Post by rob020 »

cheers for that! i never noticed untill now but i reckon id have to agree with you..
any idea what the width of the pinstripes would be? from what i can see on the internets it looks about 5mm?

also are the turbo vents supposed to be the same colour as the car?

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

on my gh turbos past and current the vents are unpainted,but in the 1981 wheels magazine it shows a rednblack with body colour vents, not 100%sure can any gh turbo guru,s help?
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

thats why vr4retrofit is the gh turbo guru!!!!! :thumpsup:
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

good stuff mate,did these pinstripes come as a one piece or is it a single red and black pinstripe mated closely together? :thumpsup: