wheel painting

This section is for talk about anything to do with body repair and presentation.
shuggy

wheel painting

Post by shuggy »

i want to keep my stock rims but i wana make them look good, so the plan is to paint the wheel dark black, paint the writing on the hubcap white, do a 10mm thick red ring around the edge of the rim and paint the tyre white.. what do you rekon thir will look like? anyone got any photos of whitewall tyres or custom stock rims painted/customized in any way? i just love the hubcap haha
75wagon
Admin

Re: wheel painting

Post by 75wagon »

I heard an old Hot Rodding trick, and that was about White wall tyres. Was told if you painted your tyres with exterior acrylic paint (water based) then it would stick.
I tried it, results not good I'm sorry. It just cracked and looked like s__t.
You can buy rubber white walls. They put them between your tyre and the rim and then pump your tyre back up. That's the best you can do now. They look really good, but if you gutter bashed them I can't imagine they'd stand up to it very well.

But if reference to your question, I think it would look cool :thumpsup:
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

get your tyres white walled....

im getting mine done soon.

im going with this....

costs around 100 bucks for all tyres.
lasts a fair while, can get different colours and styles too.
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I'd forgotten about that. You can do multiple colours too.
I almost bought white walls for my wagon..... The guy ordered them for me and My wife threw the number away. :facepalm: She says by accident. :hit:
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

yeh rekon its gonna look mad - il look into it :thumpsup:
luke77

Post by luke77 »

Maxxis tyres do some sizes with a white ring on the tyre, about and inch thick from memory. We deal with Maxxis so I can hunt up some tyre sizes available with these if you'd like?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand, smoke in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming -WOO HOO! What a Ride!"