Painting entire car

This section is for talk about anything to do with body repair and presentation.
snowdonx

Painting entire car

Post by snowdonx »

So i'm going to strip the car down and paint the entire thing, my only question the interior has lot of lumps and bumps in the metal (not damage) just wondering is it really that much of a pain in the fucking ass to do?
psshhhht

Re: Painting entire car

Post by psshhhht »

the interior lumbs and bums don't matter, surely.. they're covered by carpet or seats or plastic lol or am I missing something? :?
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

snowdonx wrote:So i'm going to strip the car down and paint the entire thing, my only question the interior has lot of lumps and bumps in the metal (not damage) just wondering is it really that much of a pain in the fucking ass to do?
as in paint oversprar or heatproof stuff (floorpan)
snowdonx

Post by snowdonx »

Yep the floor pan :P its not covered with anything its as bare as your missus's bum in a bathroom :)
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

i'm really confused now, what are you wanting to know?

sounds like you're wanting to know if it's worth redoing the sound deadening... if that's what you're asking it really depends on what you're doing with the car, if you're keeping it a streeter, then yes, if a racer, no.

It's not that bad to put the sound deadener in, and not too expensive to do!
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
Errant

Post by Errant »

If you're wanting to get the sound-deadening off, it's maybe a day's work with a mate and a couple of screwdrivers. Kinda fun, really. Putting new stuff on is easy, making it look good is slightly more difficult unless you're patient, but I've never heard of anyone stripping the deadening off their floor, leaving it as bare metal and having it look good. I suppose you could belt most of it flat.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

got mine mostly removed use dynamat then POR15 check my topic in general.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
amgis_obrut

Post by amgis_obrut »

GC75 wrote:got mine mostly removed use dynamat then POR15 check my topic in general.
you will need to get all the paint off before you paint on por15 hammer tough for it to work 100%

its expensive but its the best as it uses the moisture in the metal/air to dry
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust