Yes another damn offset thread lol

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
RaptorReed

Yes another damn offset thread lol

Post by RaptorReed »

Looking at 15x10 wheels for the Coupe, question for the wheel guys on here, is what recommended offset should I go with that will clear the rear shocks but not stick out excessively. I know it's a 10" wheel but there is a right mix somewhere and I won't have a problem with having to run flares, just don't want them to sit so far out that they even sit out further than the flares. This question is ONLY FOR THE REARs, the fronts will be either 15x8 or 15x9s.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
A112H

Re: Yes another damn offset thread lol

Post by A112H »

I don't think you will get 9's on the front Tim. I have tried my 15x8 +-0 on the front and they stick out 10mm but there was about 15mm on the inside so I think a 15x8 +10 will fit on the front fine.
15x10 is a pretty easy fit I think for the rear of a hardtop. My 15x8's have plenty of room inside and out and I think a 15x10 +-0 or maybe -10 would sit about perfect under the stock guards.
I will take pics of mine from underneath in the morning and post them up here.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

A112H wrote:I don't think you will get 9's on the front Tim. I have tried my 15x8 +-0 on the front and they stick out 10mm
What front struts are you running Tim?

GJ Sigma struts is what you need for that size rim on the front.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

im running 15x8 +15 all round on my sedan they fit nicely up inside the guards with the car 2.5 inches lowered... Couldnt run 0 offset with the lowness .. I had to cut and move the rear shock mounts upwards and inwards because of the wheels...
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

75wagon wrote:
A112H wrote:I don't think you will get 9's on the front Tim. I have tried my 15x8 +-0 on the front and they stick out 10mm
What front struts are you running Tim?

GJ Sigma struts is what you need for that size rim on the front.

Dave...
Either AE86 Corolla or Starion struts up front, since we didn't get GJ Siggies out here.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion