S13 brakes into GE

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
79SIg

S13 brakes into GE

Post by 79SIg »

As per thread title I'm looking into doing a S13 NA brake swap onto my GE sigma, I was just wondering what others used for doing a brake swap.

I already have a 7/8 master cylinder in the sig bug I have guessed that I would need the following:

S13 LCA's
S13 Hubs + Brakes
S13 Struts/coilovers
L200 Sway bar links (shorter then sigma)
camber adjustable strut tops
New brake lines
Larger wheels. 14" min???

From what I have read I need to get the S13 hubs modified so that the part that the tie rod attaches to is bent parallel to the ground so there is no binding and the LCA's shimed in the K frame and also need to have new holes drilled for the castor rods.

Is it really this simple or am I kidding myself??
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Re: S13 brakes into GE

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Never heard of this conversion before.
Will be interested to see how it pans out.
Are the S13 parts (hubs/brakes) similar to the s14 or s15?

Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Billsy

Post by Billsy »

thats about as easy as it should be.

ive gone this path also, albeit a bit more Full on. ive used the nissan subframe and power steering rack aswell.
FYI your wheel track will be widened aswell.
Insert witty one liner here -->
79evogalant

Post by 79evogalant »

Also have had same conversion done on my 79 galant having a few problems with my certification. Been told getting bump steer any help appreciated
webby

Post by webby »

Raise it, S13 gear doesn't like being run too low. Sends the geometry too far out of whack.

Anyway. People run S13 front ends in all manner of 80's Toyotas, so I don't see why you couldn't put one in a Sigma. The hardest parts would be sorting out the steering and finding a strut top to suit. You may not even need S13 LCAs, depending on whether or not the S13 balljoint fits snugly in the hole in the Sigma control arm.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889