Lancer LC rear sway bar

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Leeroy

Lancer LC rear sway bar

Post by Leeroy »

Does anyone know where I can get a rear sway bar for my lancer?
Or do I have to make one.. w :facepalm:
geezer101

Re: Lancer LC rear sway bar

Post by geezer101 »

I don't think they came out with a rear sway bar...What is your plan? The rear leaf springs in the LC's are a little too soft for any form of enthusiastic driving - maybe try sourcing some beefier leafs? It will improve the handling and ride no end :)
Leeroy

Post by Leeroy »

The back end seems to roll a lot when going around corners.. was hoping to stiffen the rear suspension up without spending too much money.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

I had an LB hatch that had been badly abused by it's previous owner. The rear end on it rolled all over the place and eventually the right side spring snapped one day when I turned out of my street (the last guy who had the keys must've been dropping burn outs everywhere which would have seriously stressed the spring metal). I ended up using a spare set of Galant wagon springs to get it back on the road, plus the matching hardware, new shockers and nolathane bushes - and the change in the car was dramatic. It was firm without being 'crashy', it didn't roll on turns anymore and it improved the steering's turn in response (it did raise the rear end a bit). The only mod I had to make was grinding off the locating tabs that were spot welded to the axle tubes (might only be relative to the LB hatch, dunno) Getting a set of Galant wagon springs with the shackles and related hardware is one option that shouldn't be that expensive.
Leeroy

Post by Leeroy »

Oh ok, would you know of anywhere I could pick some up?
Maybe a member has a set sitting around somewhere..