what brake booster?

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
krohny

what brake booster?

Post by krohny »

was wondering if anyone knows what brake booster/master i could use in an LA lancer if i were to fit silvia (s13) front brakes?
im not entirely sure how the booster and master side of things work..

thanks in advance!
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: what brake booster?

Post by Scorpma82 »

are the silvia front brakes standard single piston calipers....or the 4-psiton sports type???
Built with pride, Driven in anger
krohny

Post by krohny »

Good question.. just single piston, they are the smallest ones that came on a Silvia, my mate is giving them to me so I don't know much about them
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

being the smaller (in comparison to the 4 piston) of the 2 setups......you should be OK with the standard cylinder and booster setup......but you may experience a slightly longer pedal
krohny

Post by krohny »

As in the standard lancer booster/master?
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

yeah......your not increasing the volume of the front caliper all that much....so pedal travel wont change much either.....your biggest change is the effeciency.....purely because u'll be running on a larger, ventilated rotor.......so it has the ability to stay cooler....longer
krohny

Post by krohny »

Too easy, aside from the fact it doesn't have a booster at all, but I can find one easy enough. Thanks for your help!
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

no worries......
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

krohny wrote:Too easy, aside from the fact it doesn't have a booster at all, but I can find one easy enough. Thanks for your help!

you may not need a booster - I removed the booster off my sigma when it was built as a hillclimb car way back in 1999
that uses 4 wheel discs ( starion )
I went down to a 3/4" master cylinder fitted an inline presure adjuster to the rears and never looked back
the pedal is firm but has better feel than the boosted brakes

in fact its quite easy to brake hard and feel what the brakes are doing ,so its easy to hold them just off locking
cheater
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

yeah very effective cheaterparts......but those adjustable pressure adjusters aren't legal....at least the last i heard they weren't
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Scorpma82 wrote:yeah very effective cheaterparts......but those adjustable pressure adjusters aren't legal....at least the last i heard they weren't
mine is for the track only so its ok I should have made up a peddle box with 2 masters in the first place
but the adjustable presure to the rear did the job - that way you get brake realy standing on them and have all wheels just short of locking - or adjust them to do so
however for the road it not legal to fit bigger brakes or 4 wheel discs with out an engineers report but we do
cheater