GK Crossmember no go for GB

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
dnvgalant

GK Crossmember no go for GB

Post by dnvgalant »

Hey guys,

I managed to pick up a whole heap of gk gear when i bought the astron, I couldnt find any posts regarding the fitting of crossmember and struts, so i thought i would give it a go.

Found that the crossmember is too wide to fit so no bolt in there. Therefore the struts won't fit without alot of modifications.
Looks like ill be hitting up the wreckers for some three bolt struts.
GB_BB4C

Re: GK Crossmember no go for GB

Post by GB_BB4C »

Pretty sure ya can get the strut's will fit. Have to change the top plate (GK 4bolt to GB 3 bolt). Then i think ya can change the steering knuckle over (GB 3 bolt to GK 2 bolt), the bit the strut bolts to on the lower A-arm balljoint. If not, cut the balljoint off the A-arm and drill 4 holes for the Sigma balljoint to mount to, then strut will go in.

As for the crossmember, yep, definantly to wide, plus all the radius rod stuff aint going to mount to the GB body either.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Re: GK Crossmember no go for GB

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Get LC cross member and GJ everything else. Mate just finished conversion in his 2.6L GA and it works.
Note Radius rod mounts need modifying and moving about 60mm further foward.

Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"