Brakes upgrade for GE sigma

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
SS16MA

Brakes upgrade for GE sigma

Post by SS16MA »

i need to upgrade front and rear brakes in my GE, was just wondering if anyone else has already done this, any straight swaps i could do?
GB_BB4C

Re: Brakes upgrade for GE sigma

Post by GB_BB4C »

Complete front strut from a GH Sigma along with a complete disc brake diff from a GH Sigma and the master cylinder to match.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

Grab a GH Scorp diff (complete with arms and handbrake cable) and then grab a set of rear calipers and rotors off a starion. They will bolt straight on.
The scorpion and starion rotors are the same diameter but the Starion rotors are vented..

While you are there, grab the starion front struts (complete with brakes, rotors, control arms etc..) and now you will have a set of larger and vented front brakes..

Cheers.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Hoppers Stoppers also do a kit for the kit....if you're keen to go THAT far with them.....they use flcon twin piston calipers and 298m rotors....drilled to the PCD of you choice
Built with pride, Driven in anger
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

NOTE: GE had 13" rim's, upgrading the breaks you will have to go upto 14" rim's to clear the break setup of a GH or Starion.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Superscan811 wrote:Grab a GH Scorp diff (complete with arms and handbrake cable) and then grab a set of rear calipers and rotors off a starion. They will bolt straight on.
The scorpion and starion rotors are the same diameter but the Starion rotors are vented..

While you are there, grab the starion front struts (complete with brakes, rotors, control arms etc..) and now you will have a set of larger and vented front brakes..

Cheers.
this is basicly what is on my track car - except I use a H190 datson diff with welded on bracket to fit the staz rear calipers
the only bad thing these days is finding good cheap pads
I had been using Porterfeild carbon kevlars pads but they arn't a bargin

GB_BB4C wrote:NOTE: GE had 13" rim's, upgrading the breaks you will have to go upto 14" rim's to clear the break setup of a GH or Starion.
Note the staz brakes will fit under most aftermarket 13" mags - I have mine running under 13 x 7 minilights and although they run close there is clearance
cheater
SS16MA

Post by SS16MA »

thanks for all the tips guys, ive got 15s on it, so it should be fine to fit on