best aftermarket suspension for GN wagon

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Shitjas31

best aftermarket suspension for GN wagon

Post by Shitjas31 »

hey guys, looking at new springs and shocks all round on the wagon, drive it every day so want something half decent that won't blow the bank. i'm liking the 30mm lowered look that a lot people are going for based on pictures on here, so have looked at the lowered king springs or pedders sports ryder sets so far, but have not seen prices of either of these. what have people used on their cars that they'd recommend?
1986 GN Sigma 'high roof' station wagon.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: best aftermarket suspension for GN wagon

Post by Scorpma82 »

G'day mate,

I always ran pedders suspension with those nolethane bushes........was a nice firm ride but not teeth shattering

If the car is only going to be driven on the street....stick with products are are made for street purposes only

Adjustable coil overs and front wheel camber kits and stuff like that is (a) going to cost you alot more and (b) won't give you the comfort for daily motoring IMO
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Shitjas31

Post by Shitjas31 »

cheers for that scorpma82, assumed coilovers may be a bit excessive haha.

saw these on ebay tonight:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-S ... _760wt_952

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-S ... _786wt_952

is there much of a difference between King springs and pedders? assume $250 for a full set of 30mm lowered springs delivered is going to be hard to beat? at this stage havent had time to get into a pedders store for quotes on their gear just yet.

finally, is installing new suspension that hard of a job, or would people recommend paying for installation?

cheers for any and all replies!
ddt

Post by ddt »

Shitjas31, check your local King spring distributor for prices for fitment. They pay less for the springs than you can buying them over ebay -so fitting may be cheaper than you think and they can check over your suspension while they are there.
I think i was quoted $370 fitted for my GE wagon. Even though those springs you linked are on special(-15%) with delivery it would only be abt $100 more.. rear springs are easy to change -haven't done the fronts before so can't comment. Depends how much you value your own time, i guess.

One other thing i found; the King Spring "30mm lows" for my GE wagon ended up giving me 50mm in the front and zero in the rear! You might be able to give the guys doing it a heads-up so they can have a pair of rear sedan springs ready just in case the same happens for you too? That way your time isn't wasted when you go pick up your car at closing time and have to argue with the technicians about it.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Shitjas31

Post by Shitjas31 »

Found your thread about suspension not long after posting this one ddt, should have searched around a bit more before posting! Thanks for your reply though.

I don't mind tinkering with the car and learning as I go, but it'd probably be smart to pay a bit extra for fitting for a pretty vital part of the car, leave that to the experts and stick to replacing rocker cover gaskets haha.