cordia front struts

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

cordia front struts

Post by Scorpma82 »

Hi guys,

I've recently seen a black cordia racing around the Vic tracks

I noticed he had bigger brakes on the front....so after a quick question..he revealed that the car was running stock struts with galant (4 stud) hubs

he also revealed that these hubs are the same as a magna (4 stud) hubs.

So in theory, could you use the later model 5 spoke magna/lancer/galand hub for bigger (ventilated) rotors...and better still...could you use the 380 hub..with the twin piston calipers???

for the Sigma guys that are running cordia struts...this could be quite a nice lil upgrade
Built with pride, Driven in anger
woops

Re: cordia front struts

Post by woops »

Some good information there but unfortunately the Galant he would have been referring would probably be the FWD or the AWD versions. I haven't actually heard of anyone actually using Cordia Struts on sigma's at all. I think you may be getting confused with the Starion struts and the cordia. Pretty much the only thing the Starions and the cordia had in common was the engine and even then it was still a narrow block vs a wide block.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: cordia front struts

Post by Scorpma82 »

ahhh of course ur right...sorry...i was thinking of the starion front struts....sorry about that.....and yes...he was refferring to the H series of galants.

sorry guys....my bad again
Built with pride, Driven in anger