Need help, pepperpot wheelnut info

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
dvsfin

Need help, pepperpot wheelnut info

Post by dvsfin »

Ok so here is the dealio, I am purchasing a sigma gsr this weekend coming and as it turns out the owner has misplaced the pepperpot wheel nuts and they will be needed to move the car. so basically I am after the dimensions, suppliers, readily available sources or any info that can help me, as i dont even know what they look like, even if someone could loan me a few for the weekendlol

Also as stated, I need them by this weekend do overseas sources will not be much help to me for the moment

Any help will be greatly appreciated, also I did use the search function to try and find info but I couldn't really find anything useful, someone said they got a set from bob Jane but I rang them and they said they coulnt help me
Shifta

Re: Need help, pepperpot wheelnut info

Post by Shifta »

Interesting scenario. So are the wheels on there with the wrong nuts? If you had other wheels, be almost worthwhile putting them on the car and putting the GSR rims in the car for the trip home. I have some spare nuts I could lend ya but I’m in SA.
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

it has front wheel drive wheels on it at the moment just to keep it off the ground and they don't turn because they are hitting the brakes

and the only wheels I have that hold air at the moment are the one's on my hardtop

the car only has to be able to make it up and out of a pretty scary looking driveway then onto a trailer
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

If you can make it up here to Newcastle, I can lend you a set of standard Sigma rims and nuts. But that may be no help?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

PM me your number. I may be able to help.

Cheers.
GK3800

Post by GK3800 »

I have pepperpots on my car without the standard nuts. I am using standard late commodore wheel nuts (19mm head size) but the only catch is you need a socket to undo them rather than a wheel brace.
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

That's interesting, how late commodore?
woops

Post by woops »

It's easy enough to get the wheel nuts that will suit.

Take a look at this thread.

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 339#p38678
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

woops wrote:It's easy enough to get the wheel nuts that will suit.

Take a look at this thread.

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 339#p38678
The last post in that thread Bob Jane had em for $3 each - cheap!! I wonder if you can still get em? :)