lets have a serious discussion ( strut inserts)

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: lets have a serious discussion ( strut inserts)

Post by astronturbo77 »

MONROE camira inserts
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
FUGITIVES

Post by FUGITIVES »

C2620 Front Drag Shock; Extended Length: 16.84; Collapsed Length: 10.37; Diameter: 1.63 and modify them with spacers and what not, to fit in my 3 bolt gh strut, Larger Brakes, Coil Over Kit, Camber Plates

C2755 Rear Drag Shock; Extended Length: 16.41; Collapsed Length: 10.44; Diameter: 1.63 with the rear shock relocation kit bolter to the inside of the Chassis (like a wagon) and unlike where it is stock on a sedan, eliminate the original rear shock brackets so more space for bigger tyres, install on a Datsun 620 Rear Axle Housing 1346mm End To End with Disc Brakes and Ladder Bar Kit.

that should be a well done Suspension Upgrade

http://www.competitionengineering.com/c ... Code=10032
webby

Post by webby »

Not if you want to turn corners. Drag setups are shithouse for anything other than drag racing.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Scorp16

Post by Scorp16 »

Ok, coilover setup did my head in.

I used HSD 55mm coil over strut kit on starion struts.
i also used modified stock strut tops, therefor i also bought a set of the kyb sleeve nuts.

My short list of shocks was.
Commodore inserts, way too long in the shaft and body, was all wrong
Camira inserts, not the most sporty strut even though its a t6 body. Really hard to get, no kyb, monroe has pull the pin on making them so forget any replacement. pedders could scrounge a set together. Strut fit in dandy can get them and revalve them......$$$$$ why bother plenty of better options.
St184 celica, good lenght of body and shaft, t6 large body, sporty car compared to others, dirt cheap.
st 204 celica as above but slightly shorter and available in a kyb/koni adjustable!
300z,x top spigot all wrong forget it
280zx, as above
Porsche 944, as above
rx7 s2 would work but more expensive, only really made for a very light car and motor. and only a t4 smaller body.

Also have to say Jason at KYB tech supprt is fantastic!

Out of the above i went with the st184 in a kyb, shit all over monroe! Sorry anyone that likes there stuff. My reasons were price. Cheaper and stiffer the monroe and i was too cheap to buy adjustable in the st204 style and the 184 strut has slightly more travel for the street.

so all up it took
ST184 inserts from kyb
hsd sleeve nuts with the sleeve lathed down to 15mm
hsd 55mm coil over kits omly work here is to make the top hat center 15mm to fit the struts.
strut tubes cut down and welded shorter to suit.

All up including the slab of vb to borrow a lathe if your any good you can get change from $380

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
clifford

Post by clifford »

Hey scorp 16 could only find a st185 strut could u put a link up of a st184 ... if so cheers if not aw well ill figure oit out
(H)
Rockin a dirty sigma coz mainstream sux :D
webby

Post by webby »

ST184 is the normal FWD hairdresser-spec Celica, ST185 is the GT-Four.
You don't want the whole strut in any case, just the shock.
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889