LA Lancer rear brake question

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
bundo

LA Lancer rear brake question

Post by bundo »

Ok i hve an LA lancer rally car and require the adjuster plates for the rear brakes. the ones with all the teeth on them.

OR

Is there a better mod for this. I need to keep it fairly standard but dont mind doing some work. Can some one assist with options.

Is there a direct rear end exchange that will give me better brakes. All options would be great.

Many Thanks
Cameron Garth
rob020

Re: LA Lancer rear brake question

Post by rob020 »

229mm rear drums off a ge sigma (with a jap diff) bolt straight on ive been told, your lancer should only have 200mm drums

im trying to do my brakes too at the moment
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

if ur sticking with drums get an LC lancer diff, i think same track width, but bigger brakes and thicker axels.
Otherwise build a diff with discs. As a rally car get a disc brake rear end, however ull need a hydraulic hanbrake to lock the rear then.
Ive got an LC rally car and ill be looking to put a scorpion rear end in it, havent decided on model yet but also keep in mind there wont be too many LSD options (unless u get one custom made) so a welded diff might be the go. Mine is open for the moment but im looking at a Detroit Locker for it some time in the future (when i have some money lol).

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Also which car club are you with? and where abouts do you race???
Im with Thornleigh Car Club and have only done one rally in Jenolan with AMSAG.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
bundo

Post by bundo »

Thanks for the info.

Open centre is fine by me. I will chace a LC diff.

I am in the Northern District Sporting Car Club in Queensland and also going to Join the Gold Coat Car Club to do Kahnacrosses.

My Dad has been rallying for over 40 years. He was in Albury for a while also flys down to do the BP Challenge every Year.

We have not done much in the lancer yet, bought it like this and it sat in dads yard for 2 years so i have taken it on with my Kids.

Thanks again.
Cameron Garth :thumpsup:
toruhiwi

Post by toruhiwi »

rob020 wrote:229mm rear drums off a ge sigma (with a jap diff) bolt straight on ive been told, your lancer should only have 200mm drums

im trying to do my brakes too at the moment

Also Galant wagon, but you need to drill and use the 10mm bolts for backing plates....

Roger
bundo

Post by bundo »

I was looking at galant wagon ones on the weekend and they still have the funny adjuster plates with teeth that i done want. looks like sigma for me. Many Thanks
bundo

Post by bundo »

OK half way through fitting the sigma brakes.

The stud patten where the backing plate bolts to the axel tube is different. That now fixed.

The hole in the centre of the drum is not as big as the lancer one. :(

How have people fixed this part???
rob020

Post by rob020 »

what model did you grab the brakes off? im just guessing but mabye youre trying to fit borg warner drums to your jap diff?
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
bundo

Post by bundo »

dont know what they came off.