Off set.

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
davenq

Off set.

Post by davenq »

Hi this is mainly an "ask" topic.
I am wondering what is the biggest positive offset anyone has seen on a 14" wheel or mag. I know scorps are 5 1/2 JJx14 plus 24
It might seem a weird request but has anyone seen plus 42 or more?. I am thinking FWD stuff but I am still looking.
cheers
Growing old is inevitable
Growing up is optional
BIG26L

Re: Off set.

Post by BIG26L »

The missus old 2007 Fiesta XR4 had +52 offset 17x7's on it from the factory and her current 2013 WRX has +53 17x8's on it from the factory. I haven't seen anything else with that much offset, but I haven't really looked that hard either.
davenq

Post by davenq »

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/wheel-tech.htm
the rims I have are 12x5 with probaly a plus 60 ,.
I know that it sounds weird ,
Growing up is optional
davenq

Post by davenq »

Nissan N15 or 16 steel "chaser" rims turned out to be the go....cheers...
Growing up is optional
northsigma

Post by northsigma »

Hi Guys, ive just joined up and hoping someone might be able to help. Im building a GK GSR trackcar, it has modified front brakes, twin pot pbr and floating hubs. All the offset is the same as normal, and its running standard strut setup. I am having issues with fitting larger rims and need to put spacers on, which im trying to use without. my understanding is the standard pepperpot wheels are +15 offset and with a 205 tyre nearly touch anyway. ive currently got 17x7.5 on there...they are offset +20 with a 12mm spacer.... still dont have much clearance at the strut... anyone done similar and have any simple answers please....Thanks.
northsigma

Post by northsigma »

Hi Guys, ive just joined up and hoping someone might be able to help. Im building a GK GSR trackcar, it has modified front brakes, twin pot pbr and floating hubs. All the offset is the same as normal, and its running standard strut setup. I am having issues with fitting larger rims and need to put spacers on, which im trying to use without. my understanding is the standard pepperpot wheels are +15 offset and with a 205 tyre nearly touch anyway. ive currently got 17x7.5 on there...they are offset +20 with a 12mm spacer.... still dont have much clearance at the strut... anyone done similar and have any simple answers please....Thanks.