struts and shocks

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
crappycolt

struts and shocks

Post by crappycolt »

Anybody know if struts and shocks from a 92 - 95 lancer will fit an RD colt?
geezer101

Re: struts and shocks

Post by geezer101 »

Get a set of Cordia turbo strut assemblies, remove the strut top from the Colt strut and swap it onto the Cordia strut. The parts from the assemblies are cross compatible. You may even get lucky and find some with lowered uprated springs.
crappycolt

Post by crappycolt »

I've got king springs in my shagged colt struts. Will they work in cordia struts?
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

i think Cordia, H series galant and 1st gen magnas all run interchangable struts, springs, hubs and brakes
Built with pride, Driven in anger
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

They 'should' work. I used hugely lowered K-Macs in my Cordia/Colt hybrid struts and the only issue was they weren't retained in the spring seats due to the ride height drop they offered.

crappycolt

Post by crappycolt »

Have you still got your colt geezer?
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Yep. Yard ornament now :( . The body and panels are fubar'd. Some time soon it'll be pulled apart for whatever goodies are left in it and the rest is going to the big scrap bin in the sky. Power steering, 1.8 litre NA cyclone engine, 2" S/S exhaust with hand made glass pack muffler, vented disc front end, nolathane bushes, rebuilt rear, Cordia turbo front seats, power mirrors (lot of other custom stuff too). Wish I had the resources to find another one and resurrect it as it was a heap of fun to drive and went like a freight train...
crappycolt

Post by crappycolt »

I'd love to pick parts off it but I'm in Tassie... Would you consider posting this springs? (I'd pay postage costs). Those seats look awesome as. And don't get me started on that exhaust...
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Dude, it's isn't worth the hassle. Those springs are seriously too low and aren't retained by the strut assemblies. I think you could get away with Cordia turbo springs as they have gotta be a higher rating than the Colt ones.