Fitting KHFL-116 King Springs to Galant

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
71GA

Fitting KHFL-116 King Springs to Galant

Post by 71GA »

Hey guys i am currently running king spring lows (KDRL-83) in my GA and im not really happy with the height. I recently read that KHFL-116 fit and give you an extra 20 to 30mm drop, so i decided to give them a crack and ordered some. The new springs arrived today and look really promising, the coil diameter is the same and overall height is lower. I will fit them up in the next few days and give you guys some measurements.

Marty,
75glnt

Re: Fitting KHFL-116 King Springs to Galant

Post by 75glnt »

Cheers Marty!! :thumpsup:

Yea I rang king springs and said I wanted my car lower. What springs do I need after the KDRL-83. He gave me the KHFL-116 part#

I haven't got around to doing mine yet. Glad to see someone jumped in :thumpsup:

Cheers,
Mick :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
71GA

Post by 71GA »

Yeah thanks for the heads up. After you mentioned it i also rang King Springs up and they confirmed your findings. I cant wait to get them in.

Cheers,

Marty
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea I make sure I'm 100% on things when I post the part# otherwise crap goes downhill for the poor buggers that listen to me :P

Post your results :thumpsup: gonna run the same in my gb with 2" lowering blocks in the rear
N/A ALL THE WAY
71GA

Post by 71GA »

So i fitted the new springs last week and i am very happy with the results. The eyebrow height is between 305mm and 310mm (Running 4G30) which matches nicely with my rear set up. It is worth noting that you will need low travel shocks as i am running standard VB to VP commodor shocks and they do not capture the spring by roughly 15mm, i am considering trying low travel commodore shocks. There are a few picks of my GA in the adelaide cruise register on the march 8th cruise if your interested.

Marty
RyBj

Post by RyBj »

the leafsprings on my gd have sagged to an almost dead straight position which means ive already lost an inch or two on the back, what size blocks are you running? ive got KDRL-83 in at the moment and im quite sure it actually raised the front seeing as the old ones had sagged so much, so ill have to fit a pair of KHFL-116 to get it lower, ive got 1" blocks but i might drop it by 2 1/2".
71GA

Post by 71GA »

I am currently running reset wagon springs (5 pack) with a 20mm lowering block. From memory the rear eyebrow height is between 310mm and 315mm.