GK power steer into GH does it go?

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
jvflash

GK power steer into GH does it go?

Post by jvflash »

Hi Team™, just wondering if anyone knows if the GJ/GK power steering set up from a GK Scorpion, will fit into a GH Scorpion?
One of the big changes between the two was moving of the firewall etc... just not sure if it affects the steering box / column.
I tried lining things up tonight and it looks incompatible, but thought I would ask the experts.
webby

Re: GK power steer into GH does it go?

Post by webby »

I did the opposite, GH non-PS into a GJ. Boxes are directly interchangeable, columns aren't, so you'll need a GH PS column.
Dunno why you'd bother personally, the steering's not that heavy to begin with unless you're running wide tyres or the pressures are down, but to each his own :thumpsup:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

Food for thought, thank you :thumpsup:

The GH handles nowhere near as nice as the GK I had, which did have power steer. I figured that was the difference.
As I have a complete GK power steering set up included reco steering box, I thought just put it in and see if it improves it.
GH PS column is going to be hard to find :(

I might start by replacing all the suspension rubbers, shockers etc... then wheel align and see if it improves it any.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Just move your seat forward a notch or two. It is amazing how the extra leverage reduces the steering effort. Particularly at slow speeds. EG parking.