GJ front brake upgrade

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
gareth12

Re: GJ front brake upgrade

Post by gareth12 »

for anyone interested where im at now is a 92+ rx7 294mm rotor and a fj60/hilix/surf 4 pot caliper

an rx7 caliper would work as well if not better

i went for the fj60 caliper for the simple reason that my local wrecker had some and for the rx7 rotor for the reasons of it being the best combination of offset, diameter, stud pattern and most importantly disc width (very limited choices as the toyota 4 pot is made for a pretty narrow disc). As has been mentioned in other posts its the same mounting hole width as the sigma strut but i will be spacing mine out anyway to get the bigger disc

to get a wider disc a s15/r32/33/300zx 4 pot caliper and ba or s15 or r32 gtr rotor OR would be great too... lots of rotor choices at this width, just a case of finding the right offset rotor which is a balance between the disc hitting the lower ball joint and the caliper fouling on the wheel

I think all could work with the trailer hub, and the rx7 rotor/fj60 caliper combo will easily fit under a falcon chaser (which will likely wear a magna hubcap)