Firmer ride for the sigma

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
natosig

Firmer ride for the sigma

Post by natosig »

Hi guys just curios what shocks every one is using in there sigmas i want to firmup the ride its got super low dobinson springs in and ive lready got front sway bar and done most of the bushes i just want a realy good firm shock without going coil over any help would be great thanks
84 gk sigma
A112H

Re: Firmer ride for the sigma

Post by A112H »

Commodore VB to VR will fit in your struts. Look through the better quality brands and you should find a firm shock.
Turbo047

Post by Turbo047 »

I use Koni adjustable strut inserts in the front of my GH, but have found that gas shocks in the rear are much to firm. With Munro Gas GT shocks in the rear are like having 4x2 timber in place of shocks. The car jumps around bumpy corners and rides like crap. So I use standard hydraulic in the rear.
"Just remember, if you aren't forced induced, then you aren't SH#T"
GH Sigma Turbo no. 047

Leyland P76 V8 (next for resto)
Jaguar XJ8 Sport (british racing green of course)
Land Rover Discovery II V8 (the daily drive)
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Turbo047 wrote:I use Koni adjustable strut inserts in the front of my GH, but have found that gas shocks in the rear are much to firm. With Munro Gas GT shocks in the rear are like having 4x2 timber in place of shocks. The car jumps around bumpy corners and rides like crap. So I use standard hydraulic in the rear.
yes the rears are a problem when made to hard

I use Koni red adjustable for a Cameria and cut the tubes down a couple of inchs that matched with some 300 lb springs and a 28 mm front sway bar
the rear I run lighter springs than std ( sorry dont remember what weight I ended up with ) and some basic pedders white shock with no rear sway bay and rubber top link bushes ( the top links work better with the softer bushes to stop bind up of the rear end )
and the other thing I removed the inner lower links the bolt from the lower link towards the diff - these also bind up the rear and makes the car over steer

I could do with a realy light rear bar as I know that the car would just lift a front wheel through some corners while hard on the gas
corner stewards have told me that at sandown it just lifts a wheel over the top of rockies and I know it also does it in the tight corner before going up the back straight

however the car is fairly well balanced and well mannered as it is
cheater
A112H

Post by A112H »

I use KYB gassies in the rear of my Galant with stock springs and they are matched pretty well to the 285lb front springs and Monroe Sensa Track Camira front struts.
Well they fit my driving style anyway, will be fun the first time I roll it out with the LSD :D