RA Colt rims?

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
ozdusterdave

RA Colt rims?

Post by ozdusterdave »

Anyone know what model mitsubishi rims if any are interchangable with early Colt..if cordia turbo rims will fit an RA Colt and what size they were.?cheers.
GB_BB4C

Re: RA Colt rims?

Post by GB_BB4C »

Galant, Sigma, Magna, Starion, Cordia..... pretty much anything 4x114.3pcd. just need to get the right offset.
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Sigma and Starion will fit but are the wrong offset. GA to GD Galant will fit but are no different in size to the Colt (bit of a waste of time). Magna (4 stud), Cordia, fwd Galant and most Hyundai will fit. If you go for an aftermarket fwd rim make sure it has recesses for the front disc hub bolts (easy to get caught out with buying alloy wheels) and 15x6" wheels will cause the inner wheel walls to just touch the rear shocks.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Everything 4x114.3 will "fit" but depending on offset if they hit inside, fit or stick out. Look around +40 to +25 offset and you will be okay up to 6 inch wide.
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

Thanks guys,I was looking at a set of cordia rims on gumtree and just wondering...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I had the 13 inch Cordia rims on a Colt years ago, the 14 inch versions wouldn't be a problem either. Neither are a wide rim, I think they are only 5 or 5.5 inches wide.

I would be aiming at the Magna elite rims myself for a Colt.
These ones.
They are 15x6, and ofcourse Front drive offset. They are same stud pattern etc, and they bolt straight up to a Colt. My brother in-law has seen a set on a Colt.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

it's a common mod to put late 80's- early 90's hubs, brakes and wheels on cordia's, might be possible to convert it to a Colt
Built with pride, Driven in anger
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Upgrading the Colt's front brakes are dead easy. Use the entire hub and brake assembly off either - Cordia (1.8 l turbo/non turbo) Nimbus and I think the TM-TP Magna might also get a mention here (I heard the last of the TP Magnas had slightly bigger brakes than previous models and were an option for the Cordia turbo guys to use). I used Cordia turbo hub assemblies on my Colt and required no mods to install. Go from pizza cutter non vented discs to vented discs and bigger pads. I went the whole hog and had my calipers die ground and powder coated, teflon sleeved stainless steel braided hoses and metal composite pads. I did as a precaution replace my ball joints in the off chance the taper would be different but these were Colt ball joints anyway. There are 2 types - left and right matched pairs and universal (I used the universal 'BJ 409' from Pedders parts listing)