Gh vented brake set-up

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
mic_77

Gh vented brake set-up

Post by mic_77 »

Just wondering if anyone has looked into using starion discs on green struts and hubs and changing to the commodore Girlock calipers only thinking on this as decent pads for a starion cost a bomb and DB1085 can be found for a decent price. From what I can see it is only the thickness of the disc is different not sure on the bolt pattern on the starion hub into the disc does anyone have a disc from each lying around to do a comparison I have a set of commodore calipers here and will be trying these on the struts in the next couple of days.

Cheers Mic
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Gh vented brake set-up

Post by Scorpma82 »

commodores run a 5 stud pattern over the Starion's (and Simga's 4),

Commodores also run the hub and rotor as one unit wheres as the sigma is seperate (thos it is a problem that can resolved easily enough)

Look at Nissan Skyline R31 front rotos..... they are 4-stud pattern, ventilated and a bolt-on fit (to a GJ sigma)
Built with pride, Driven in anger
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Scorpma82 wrote:commodores run a 5 stud pattern over the Starion's (and Simga's 4),

Commodores also run the hub and rotor as one unit wheres as the sigma is seperate (thos it is a problem that can resolved easily enough)

Look at Nissan Skyline R31 front rotos..... they are 4-stud pattern, ventilated and a bolt-on fit (to a GJ sigma)
I think he was going to run the commodore caliper on the staz disc - I'm pretty sure the staz disc is narrower

the other option that might be worth cheacking out is a commodore disc hub that undrilled ( you can buy them undrilled ) and then drill them to suit a 4 stud
this would be best done on a rotary table and I dont know how they measure up
one thing about commodore discs is they are cheap
cheater
mic_77

Post by mic_77 »

Exactly cheater I have the commodore setup on my galant but I do not like how they shifted the caliper to allow for the extra diameter of the commodore disc which is not much but enough to cause some issues. I like the idea of the starion disc as it will look very close to stock. I am just looking at options for my LB as I am in the process of fitting new brakes but I was looking at a bit of an upgrade as I have a couple of track days coming up soon and don't really want to cook the solid rotors.

Cheers Mic
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

R31 GTS Skyline, they are rare but about as big as a rotor will get on a 4 stud pattern (the other option is the S13 Sylvia Coupes)
Built with pride, Driven in anger
A112H

Post by A112H »

You can buy pretty any disc you want blank and drill it to what ever you want.
Go through the DBA catalogue and find something with the exact same dimensions as the Sigma but with a larger diameter rotor. Drill it to suit your hub and make a caliper mount to move the caliper further out but keeping the same position, if that makes sense.