lowering Mitsubishi Sigma

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Spacie

lowering Mitsubishi Sigma

Post by Spacie »

Hey guys, just acquired me a 1982 Mitsubishi Sigma SE. This is my first Mitsi so I require some help...she needs lowering. Bad. A LOT of lowering! :facepalm:

Photographic evidence:

Have rung up my suppliers through work (Autolign and Stocks), apparently they have never made "superlow" springs for a Sigma...and there is one set of "lows" available in the country (I can see these doing stuff all!). Has anyone here been through this before and managed to get yours sitting at a more respectable height? This is the height I'm after http://www.sigma-gal...t=6555&start=30. Apparently this is lowered on compressed springs in the rear and compressed Mitsubishi Diamante station wagon springs in the front. Anyone have some more specific information than this, that doesn't really help me a lot. Or my last option is to get some custom springs made by Cobra springs and my shocks shortened through Autolign, which I can organise though work but it seems like a headache, I've never had to do anything like this before, don't know what measurements I need etc and don't really want to leave my car up on axle stands for a couple weeks!

Help!

Quick photoshop for lols:

Cheers :)
geezer101

Re: lowering Mitsubishi Sigma

Post by geezer101 »

Gloss black body + black sunraysia rims + slammed = gangsta sled (H) With the drop in ride height you're chasing you're going to need more than just springs. You'll have to decrease suspension travel with modded front struts, shorter rear shocks, rolling the guard inner lips to prevent the tyres from getting shredded and removal of bump stops (the body is almost going to be sitting on them anyway). Gutters and speed humps are going to become your mortal enemy with a car this low. You won't want super rock-hard springs under your car either - it will make the ride unbearable.
Spacie

Post by Spacie »

by geezer101 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Gloss black body + black sunraysia rims + slammed = gangsta sled With the drop in ride height you're chasing you're going to need more than just springs. You'll have to decrease suspension travel with modded front struts, shorter rear shocks, rolling the guard inner lips to prevent the tyres from getting shredded and removal of bump stops (the body is almost going to be sitting on them anyway). Gutters and speed humps are going to become your mortal enemy with a car this low. You won't want super rock-hard springs under your car either - it will make the ride unbearable.
Whoop, didn't realise this forum was Australian, some of those companies I mentioned are going to be irrelevant as I am from NZ!

Haha yes, it will look very "gangsta" if I can get it looking anywhere near like my shoddy photoshop photo! (Those wheels are known here in NZ as "Diezel D-Windows")

We have decided to compress the springs at an outfit in Rotorua here called "Archers Springs" and then I will send away my shocks to get shortened to suit. Rolling guards is not a problem, we have a guard roller here at my work, and bumpstops we will cut down and reshape here at work, or I can purchase some aftermarket 10mm ones that are available here in NZ :) I am used to navigating (read: angling up driveways etc :P ) roads and a rough ride due to my R33 Skyline drift car which runs some severely stiff coilovers!
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

Plenty of Kiwis on this forum mate/bro/cuz!
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

loookss awesome bro! goodluckk
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hit the springs with a oxy until the car sits on the bump stops. Jack it up, remover the wheels and cut the bump stops in half.
Lowered :D
natosig

Post by natosig »

I have super low dobinson springs in my sigma the car sit at 105 mm from mufler i cant fit my original 14 inch whels on any more as rolling daimeter is to big send me your email add ill send foto of how its sits
84 gk sigma
natosig

Post by natosig »

I have super low dobinson springs in my sigma the car sit at 105 mm from mufler i cant fit my original 14 inch whels on any more as rolling daimeter is to big send me your email add ill send foto of how its sits
84 gk sigma