PLEASE ANSWER

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
yno26galant

PLEASE ANSWER

Post by yno26galant »

15x8 with 0 offset will fit my ga galant?
A112H

Re: PLEASE ANSWER

Post by A112H »

They fit on my hardtop with ease, but they have bigger guards. I am pretty sure 77galantv6's sedan had the 15x8 +0 Rota's on it?

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9408
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

sweet minor of rolling the gaurds abit and should be tight!
cheers for that
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

No, they won't.
Your front guards are too small (for that amount of offset) and GA/B rear guards are the smallest of all the guards (All wagons have GA/B size rear guards as well, so that's all GA/B/C/D wagons).

Now this is a pic of my wagon with 16x8 +10's on it.
It's running GH front struts (which narrows the front geometry by 40mm in total).

My old GB sedan ran 13x6 +5 Hustlers (exact same rims as on my current GC wagon), they used to rub just befor efull lock on both front apron, and firewall (fitted with 205 60 13 tyres).

To even think about fitting 15x8's on a GA/B shell, you'll be wanting to convert to GJ onwards struts (which narrows the front geometry by much more the the GH struts). You still may need flares. On the rear, you will need to flare you guards for certain.
A112H wrote:I am pretty sure 77galantv6's sedan had the 15x8 +0 Rota's on it?
Yes it runs 15x8 zero offsets, but it is running GJ onwards front struts, and the rear diff housing is narrowed 30mm more then a standard Galant diff (and GC/D sedans have huge rear guards compared to GA/B's)
This pic says it all doesn't it?
Even with a 30mm narrower rear end, and 195 50 series tyres, It still needed the rear arches pumped out by 15mm

Note: I am not joking, 15x8 zero offsets rims will not fit a GA/B shell with out quite considerable modification.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
A112H

Post by A112H »

I wasn't sure of what car, lol. I just assumed it was a GC/D sedan.
These are my 15x8 +0 on the hardtop with a stock diff, plenty of room.
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

ive got gh front struts and a wagon diff, ill have a think about it.

cheers for the pics and answers guys !
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Just to confirm: stock GA/B/C/D Wagon and Sedan diffs are all the same width.

GA/B Sedans and all wagons have the smallest rear guards (as they share the same body design)
GC/D sedans have larger rear guards (due to the Coke bottle type styling that widens the rear of the car).
GC/D Hardtops, from what I can tell, have the largest rear guards space out of the Galants (going from A112H's measurements).

Here's the best thing you can do.
Read this topic http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6353
Then do some measurements, and decide for yourself whether the rims you want will fit.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
yno26galant

Post by yno26galant »

cheers thats good info :thumpsup:

probs just stick with the wantabes :)