Rotation Strut top mount

This section is for talk about anything to do with suspension, brakes, or wheels and anything in the general area.
Sigmaproject

Rotation Strut top mount

Post by Sigmaproject »

Looking thru the under bonnet shots I noticed that some people have turned their (4 bolt) strut top mount 180 degrees.

Looks like it would give lots of negitive camber. Probably too much. Lots of inner edge tread wear I should imagine:(

Anyone willing to set me straight :D
endlss

Re: Rotation Strut top mount

Post by endlss »

got it done at pedders, he did it for freen when i went to get my car sorted out , just under 3deg neg handles alot better in the corners not as twichy no un even tyre wear and i have 215 17's on the front
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

ive done it to my scorp. i got neg 1.5 and it handles so much better. had no probs with tyres as yet, only done a couple of thousand kms since i did it though.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

Somewhere somebody mentioned 3 degrees negative. I mentioned it to my mechanic mate and he said it would result in the steering being very vague around 100kph.

But I guess 1.5 is much better then 3 :think:

Also my front tyres cost $175.00 each, so they have to last at least 100,000 klm :lol:
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

that is fair, when i swapped mine around and put them on the alignment machine the operator couldnt get any more than 1.5. so to get more you would prob need adjustable strut tops maybe?? or if u get it done at pedders they bend the front struts slighty. alot of people do it. i havent.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

I just need a little more turn in. :(